We’re recruiting for a VCS Support Officer (Minority Led), this is a great opportunity to support the VCS and join our fantastic team!
Our VCS Support Officers support the Voluntary and Community (VCS) sector to strengthen their organisations through providing advice and information on a range of organisational development topics such as governance, financial management, funding, and planning.
This role focusses on ensuring this support is provided to Ethnic Minority groups and organisations. It requires an understanding of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Voluntary and Community Organisations (VCOs), the issues they face and their organisational development needs. In addition, the post holder will be required to work with the whole local VCS sector to ensure it has living and
meaningful equality policies and procedures and works towards increasing equality and diversity.
The role requires a wide understanding of Minority group led organisations and the issues they face, and of organisational development. The role involves working with VCS groups through one-to-one appointments, running workshops and events. Outreach work will need to be completed to raise the profile of the project ensuring we are accessing and supporting minority-led groups.
Details of the role
- Responsible to: VCS Support Manager
- Salary: VCS Support Officer: £26,780
- Contract Duration: 2 years (Oct 2024) with a view to extending
- Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Direct reports: None
- Type of working: Hybrid (regular weekly office-based work depending on business needs). Currently all staff are required to work in the office 2 days a week.
- Location: The post will be based at our office in 11 Market Place, London, SE16 3UQ. The postholder will also be required to work from home
- 30 days annual leave (exclusive of public/bank holidays) per annum; pro-rata for part-time employees. The leave year runs from 1st April to 31 March.
- Two volunteering days per annum; pro-rata for part-time employees – employees are entitled to up to two days paid leave for undertaking voluntary activities. £515 annual training allowance
- Pension – Employer contribution: 5%; employees are required to contribute at least 3%.
- Cycle to Work Scheme. The scheme allows employees to get bikes and accessories tax-free – this is done through a salary sacrifice agreement signed for up to £1,000 to be paid in
- Officers Grade 1 (up to 2 years in continuous employment): £26,780
- Officers Grade 2 (between 2 and 5 years in continuous employment): £28,840
- Officers Grade 3 (5 and more years in continuous employment): £30,900
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for this post download and read this VCS Support Officer (Minority-led) Recruitment Pack 2022-2023, then please send:
- A full CV
- A covering letter, maximum of 2-sides of A4, outlining why you are interested in this role and how your experience meets the job description and person specification on page 8 of this recruitment pack to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: We are committed to ensuring our recruitment procedure is completely free from risks of unconscious bias. We therefore kindly ask you to remove your name and any indication of gender, ethnicity or other personal information from both your CV and Cover Letter, that is not related to your work experience or skill set. Please just confirm your name and contact details in the email you send to us, so we can contact you with the outcome of your application when it’s been reviewed by the hiring panel.
Diversity Monitoring: We would appreciate it if you could help us ensure that our add reaches all section of the community by filling in this Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring form.
Closing date: Wednesday 17 August 2022, 5pm.
Please also read our Data Protection Policy.