Waterloo Community Counselling are seeking a proactive, organised, qualified accountant to provide efficient accounting and finance support to WCC’s staff and Board of Trustees.
About Waterloo Community Counselling
Waterloo Community Counselling (WCC) delivers life-changing counselling support to individuals across London. In the heart of Waterloo, they offer long-term talking therapy on a reduced fee/sliding scale basis according to our clients’ income and financial circumstances. We reach adults from diverse backgrounds who have experienced loss, abuse and trauma. Their unique Multi-Ethnic Counselling Service (MECS) provides free mother-tongue counselling to migrants, refugees and asylum seekers who have survived exile, torture, human trafficking and modern slavery in 30 languages.
The team are a growing, well-regarded charity with a team of 8 staff and around 100 counsellors and clinical supervisors. WCC is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and they welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Waterloo Community Counselling are seeking a proactive, organised, qualified accountant to provide efficient accounting and finance support to WCC’s staff and Board of Trustees. This is a new role for our charity; up until now accounting and financial management has been carried out by a contractor. The post holder will work closely with the new Head of Operations and Development to ensure all finance aspects of the charity are effectively managed and deliver appropriate financial planning and analysis to support the charity’s development.
You will be working within a small, dedicated, supportive staff team, in a charity that encourages personal and professional development. You will be based in the Waterloo office, but the role is flexible with at least 1 day home-working possible.
Job Purpose: To provide efficient accounting and finance support to WCC’s staff and Board of Trustees. To work closely with the Head of Operations and Development to ensure that the day-to-day financial activities of WCC are effectively managed and deliver appropriate financial planning and analysis to support the charity’s development.
Main responsibilities include:
- Carrying out timely and accurate day to day accounting and reconciliation processes
- Preparing invoices for client counselling fees and supervision fees, and monitoring debtors
- Processing and posting of financial transactions onto Xero, reconciling accounts
- Advising the Head of Operations on the production of the annual Budget
- Producing monthly management accounts, commentary and analysis
- Producing draft statutory financial statements and providing information for the Independent Examiner or Auditor
- Assisting with producing budgets and financial information for funding bids and monitoring reports
- Supporting the HOD with updating WCC’s financial policies and procedures
Details of the role:
London, Greater London (Hybrid)
Circa £35,000 per year, pro rata
Permanent, Part-time, 3 days a week (21 hours)
Closing date: 21 September 2022 at 23:30
More information and details on how to apply available on Charity Jobs.