Safeguarding is all about having the knowledge and awareness to understand various types of abuse, being able to identify the signs and what to look for; knowing what steps to take if you suspect abuse is happening and knowing what to do if a child or an adult discloses abuse.
Understanding the safeguarding agenda will also help ensure your organisation works responsibly and safely, without placing staff in vulnerable positions.
Community Southwark can help by:
- signposting to appropriate support, including Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check agencies etc.
- providing Safeguarding Policy and Procedure templates and reviews
- helping you to sign up to My Learning Source so you can access free safeguarding training
- connecting you with other VCS Safeguarding Leads across the borough
- enabling your views to be heard by the Southwark Safeguarding Partnership