We post new and upcoming funding opportunities to this page regularly.
You can also sign up to receive regular funding updates by email (1-2 times a month) by becoming a Community Southwark Member.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure the information is correct, we advise you to check details on funders websites yourself (see the link provided for each opportunity).
How to use this database
- The cards below list each of the available funds – simply scroll through the cards to see what funds are currently available in Southwark.
- The funds with upcoming deadlines will show first and those without deadlines will appear further down the list.
- You can filter these opportunities by funder, deadline (where relevant), eligibility criteria, or theme using options in the top left.
We recommended you use the View Larger Version option in the bottom right.
If you would like to discuss any opportunities, or need help finding suitable ones, please contact us or book a Support Appointment.
Tips for looking for funding
Before applying for funding think carefully about which funders are suitable for your project, and be sure that you meet their requirements:
- Are there any restrictions over the size, income, location, or type of organisation that can apply?
- What areas of work does this funder usually support (e.g. youth/social inclusion/health)? Does your project fit in with their current priorities?
- What kind of work do they fund? Will they cover core costs? Will they fund a whole project, or do they prefer projects which have already secured some funding from elsewhere?
- Read all guidance notes, frequently asked questions, and other information on the funder’s website before deciding to apply. If in doubt, call the funder to ask whether they think you should apply; most are happy to hear from applicants.
Get your documents prepared. Requirements will vary but most applications will require:
- A copy of your governing document (also known as a constitution or memorandum and articles).
- A copy of your latest Annual Report, signed off by your directors or trustees. If this is not available they may accept just your financial accounts, in final or draft form.
- Copies of relevant policies, often including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, and Safeguarding (if you are working with children or vulnerable adults).