*** Social Action Advice Appointments are now live please book.***
The Social Action appointments are available every Wednesday each week.
The Social Action Advice Surgery is a 30 minute 1:1 appointment with our Social Action & Communities Officer and is open to people living, working, or volunteering in Southwark who are looking to be more active in their community.
You can book an appointment with the Social Action Advice Officer if you would like to…
- develop an idea you have to improve your community, such as campaign or community initiative
- advice writing a letter or other correspondence with your MP, councillor, or other democratic leader or decision maker
- receive guidance on setting up a community group, non-profit/ charity
- get advice on training, Community Southwark’s services, and local policy
- receive signposting to resources, organisations, and service providers in the borough
- learn more about local democracy, how it works, and what you can do to make sure your voice is heard
- Engage with Community Southwark, learn more about our services, and what we can do to help!
“This community outlet is very important… it gives individuals an opportunity to discuss social issues and to be taken seriously in community matters!” – Appointment attendee
3pm-3:30pm 3pm-3.30pm 4pm-4.30pm
After you book you meeting using the calendar below, you will be sent an email with a survey. The survey takes about 1 minute to complete and it is important that you do this prior to the meeting.
You will receive a calendar invite via email, and you can choose to receive a reminder via text message.
If you can’t make these time and need an out of hours appointment, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 020 7358 7010.