Local charity VOADES is looking for a new base, can you help them?
After more than 17 years of providing Wellbeing and Mental Health services and activities for Spanish and Portuguese-speaking and migrant communities in Southwark, VOADES, a local charity is looking for a new base. They have to leave their current location in the Camberwell/ Walworth area because the church that are currently hosting the charity is undergoing a big refurbishment and when this is complete VOADES will not be able to afford the new rent hire charges.
So can you help provide a new home for this much-loved Southwark organisation which helps 3,600 people per year.
VOADES is looking for space immediately and have a budget of £400 per month to pay for rent. Ideally, they would need access to this space Monday – Sunday 10.30am – 8pm. Preferred location is in the Walworth/ Camberwell area where they are currently based.
Their ideal space requirements are below but would consider anywhere that could meet the specifications of 1- 4 :
1. Room for group therapy sessions which comfortably accommodates 15 people
2. Room for Counselling session space
3. Office space for Administration
4. Office space for a telephone helpline
5. Activity space with a capacity to accommodate 25 people for:
If you can help, please contact: Nancy Liscano, Voades, mobile 07932 225365, or email email@example.com
More Info about Voades:
VOADES provides and promotes free emotional, well-being and mental health services, such as prevention of crisis and crisis intervention, aimed at the Spanish and Portuguese-speaking and migrant communities in the UK. These services include:
- Community integration and development programme – migrants helping migrants.
- Permanent Counselling Telephone Service by volunteers who are trained specialists in providing support
- Professional Counseling and Intervention Consultation, given by a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
Family Counseling Service, provided by family counsellors and therapists.
- Workshops for a specific crisis, including group programmes to connect with people who are going through a similar crisis.
- Emotional wellbeing classes.