The project is a parenting conference aimed to bridge every gap of knowledge that BAME parents may possibly face due to the way the education system has been built. This conference is a safe place for parents find fellowship, community and rich knowledge from a wide range of panellist who vary in age. A conference for young people by young people.
The event will be tackling the contingent factors that young people face that effect their educational attainment, this includes:
- Peer Pressure
- Youth Crime
- Self-perception of ability and lack of self-confidence
- Media influences on aspirations such as social media
- Poverty - Family income below a certain threshold
- Knowledge and lack of positive attitudes towards school and learning
- Lack of positive aspirations
- Support at home - Parental academic involvement
Aims are to Equip, Empower and Educate:
- More students feeling supported and empowered by their parents since parents feel more empowered.
- Parents can build relations and build network of parents who are willing to grow and thrive in Parenting.
- Building stronger relationships with children and parents through focusing on social, emotional and psychological well being.
How to join?
To join the event you can book on the booking page here.