Closing date for applications: Monday 12th August at 9am
Traineeship start date: Monday 16th September 2019
Bursary: £4,096 (tax-free, paid in monthly instalments)
Do you love wildlife and working outdoors? Are you practically minded and willing to learn new skills? Have you thought about a career in nature conservation?
The Keeping it Wild Traineeships offer a unique opportunity for up to young people aged between 16-25 to undertake a full-time, paid, three month traineeship based at one of our reserves, where you'll spend time working with the London Wildlife Trust team, learning valuable practical skills in urban nature conservation, community engagement, media/journalism and communications.
You’ll also have the chance to shape and influence how the Trust works with young people in the future.
Keeping it Wild trainees will have the opportunity to gain the following accreditations:
- OCN Level 2 accreditation in Media and Journalism, with a focus on digital media production about your local green spaces and LWT nature reserves;
- John Muir Award – an environmental award scheme.
In addition trainees will develop a broad range of skills required in the conservation sector:
- Practical conservation & reserve management
- Surveying and monitoring
- Community engagement and education
- Work readiness, CV and job application training
You can find more details and find out how to apply here.
If you are not sure if you can apply for this training, or for more information, please get in touch with Emily Morshuis on firstname.lastname@example.org