Sport England is making up to £195 million of funding available to help the sport and physical activity sector through the ongoing coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis.
Package and grant amounts
- A £20 million Community Emergency Fund, which will be opened immediately for clubs and community organisations to bid into. Grants between £300 and £10,000 are available
- A £5 million pot for existing partners to bid into if they're facing specific financial difficulty
- An additional £55 million to support the sector during an ongoing period of restrictions, to fund new and innovative ways to keep people active and, when the period of restrictions is over, to help organisations get back to business and adjust to a different environment
- A £115 million rollover of current funding into 2021/22 to give long term certainty to over 100 well established partners who play a vital role in the delivery of sport and physical activity in England.
Alongside this, Sport England will consider requests to release six months of the coming year’s funding (50% of awards) to allay cashflow concerns in the sector, meaning additional funding will be available sooner.
£20m Community Emergency Fund and eligibility
This strand aims to deliver immediate funding to those most in need. It is specifically targeted at organisations, including those not currently supported by us. These include:
- local sports clubs forced to close at short notice but who are facing ongoing costs around maintenance and utility bills;
- voluntary and community sector organisations who deliver or enable sport and physical activity.
What it will fund
This might cover expenditure on:
- Utility costs
- Facility or equipment hire
- Core staffing costs (including casual workers) that cannot be met elsewhere by other government funds
- Retrospective losses dating from 1 March, 2020.
An example might be a grant to support a local boxing club pay costs for their facility when no activity is taking place, or a grant to support a league who have paid for equipment to run a competition which has now been cancelled.
How long will it take to process applications?
Sport England will get back in touch with every applicant within seven to 10 working days of your submission.
Please visit the Sport England website for more information