Southwark Council has created a special fund of £390,000 to offer to appropriate voluntary and community groups and organisations during this COVID-19 pandemic
The council recognises that the pandemic situation will give rise to additional pressures on the voluntary sector to support the most vulnerable in our communities.
This funding will be allocated to groups supporting the most vulnerable and at risk or to those who have been directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Grant amount available
The total monthly grant available will be £100,000 per month for the period up to the end of July 2020. Grants of up to £10,000 are available to organisations.
Who can apply?
- Registered charities
- Constituted community and voluntary groups
- Non-constituted ‘grassroots’ groups of local volunteers
- Local businesses wishing to deliver charitable aid and support
Note: non-constituted groups will also be required to provide certain ID verification with their applications - passport/driving license, proof of address, NI number.
What can the grant be used for?
- to provide relief and support to people in Southwark, who are at risk of vulnerability and hardship because of the COVID-19 crisis, or
- you already provide support and these services are stretched due to the outbreak
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- delivering food and essential supplies
- providing advice and support about physical and mental health
- providing advice and support about employment, and welfare benefits
- support networks and services for the elderly or isolated
- running costs for providing this support, including volunteer expenses, staffing costs, transport and commercial rent (as long as you’ll be providing support to both existing and new beneficiaries)
- Subscriptions to digital services that enable remote contact, support or activities where there is no good quality free alternative.
When can you apply?
- First round of applications can be made between 6 April and 13 April
- The council will assess and pay the grants within three working days of the closing date
- Late applications will not be considered, so you’ll need to reapply the next month if you miss the closing date
- The second round of grants will open for applications on 11 May.
- Grants will be made as single payments, and are available each month until July 2020
- The council will not fund activity that involves unsafe close social contact.
- Organisations are able to apply for funds up to a maximum of £10,000 per month, up to a total of £40k over the four-month period that the fund is operational.
- Round 2 application window open from 11 May and closes on 18 May 2020
For more information and to apply please visit the council website
Deadline: monthly - until end July 2020