This is an exciting opportunity to join the Children & Young People area at IRMO as ESOL Teacher and to work with Spanish and Portuguese-speaking children and young people who have recently arrived in the country, speak little English and whose families are often still navigating the school admissions processes to enable them to access compulsory education in the UK.
The Children ESOL Teacher will plan and deliver weekly creative ESOL classes for three age groups: 5-8, 8-12 and 13-19 year olds. They will also offer online group academic mentoring alongside ESOL volunteers for 10-12 year olds.
– Hours: Part-time, 15 hours per week, mainly in the afternoon: Mon, Tues, Wed 4-7pm (essential), Thurs & Fri 4.45-6.30pm (desirable)
– Location: IRMO Centre (London, SW9 7JP)
– Salary: £9,747 to £10,554 per year
– Employment term: Term time between January and December 2024, with the possibility of extension
– Reporting to: ESOL, Mentoring and Activities Lead
– Deadline to apply: 11.59 pm, Sunday 26th of November 2023 – we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Find more information at https://irmo.org.uk/get-involved-2/vacancies/