Theatre Troupe are looking for inspirational individuals to mentor a young person with mental health problems in our Livesey Youth Troupe, between February and December 2018.
What day: Wednesdays
How many hours: 4.5-5 hours (3.15-8pm or 4.45-8pm)
Where: Old Kent Road, Peckham
About the organisation:
Theatre Troupe is a small, grass-roots Community Interest Company (CIC) that uses theatre and other art-forms to change the lives of children and young people with acute and complex mental health problems.They run projects for 9-19 year-olds who have had difficult experiences such as abuse, neglect, and bullying, and/or who have psychiatric disorders. Activities are specially designed to give access to quality arts opportunities, and to build trust and positive relationships.
Purpose of role:
You will be matched with a young person and, across 2018, will guide them in their artistic journey, as well as providing vital emotional support. Most children can’t take part in other extra-curricular activities due to distress and life-circumstances. In acting as a mentor, you will be providing a vital opportunity for very disadvantaged children to thrive.
- Support a young person to build trust and make positive relationships
- Give her/him rare opportunities to celebrate her/his achievements and talents
- Help her/him to build artistic skills
- To support a young person in activities in our Safe Space Drop-in, including creating art work
- To engage with a young person in drama workshop or to work with them creating art, design or writing for the stage
- To support a young person socially and emotionally across the year (you will receive training in how to do this)
- To attend set-up, feedback and training sessions as required.
To Find out more information and apply:
View the full role description
Visit their website
Contact Emily Hunka at: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07951 047015