We are looking for a Digital Support Volunteer to support our Southwark CAN programme.
We plan to expand the Southwark Community Action Network (CAN) programme to include local events about issues such as climate change, serious youth violence and urban regeneration. To do this, we want to welcome a Digital Support Volunteer into the team to help keep our online presence active, and in doing so enable the growth of Southwark CAN and its core message.
This role is vital to maintaining community engagement and telling our followers and local organisations what decisions are being made, what changes are coming, consultations and other local campaigns and initiatives in Southwark, and indeed, how they can get involved. This is an exciting role that will expose the right candidate to the world of local democracy and campaigning.
- Research- Research new website content, i.e. community events, campaigns, consultations & other updates
- WordPress- Upload and write brief updates for the Southwark CAN website
- Social media - Write and schedule social media posts for Twitter & Facebook via Hootsuite
- Newsletters- Put together content to go out to the Southwark CAN mailing list.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will …
- have good written and verbal skills, and an ability to write succinctly and in an engaging way
- Good intuition and problem solving ability
- be friendly and outgoing
- have an interest in politics and local democracy, and desire to learn more
- have an eagerness to learn digital engagement skill
How to apply?
Please read about the role and how to apply here.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an informal interview and asked to complete a short task to assess their written abilities.
For more information, or to have an informal and confidential chat:
Engagement Officer, Digital
Telephone number: 020 7358 7019