The IntoUniversity after-school Academic Support Programme provides free tutoring and support to young people in a stimulating classroom environment. Young people receive tailored help with homework, coursework, revision and study skills.
Volunteer tutors are an integral part of our centres. Volunteers act as role models, supporting academic progress and providing inspiration and encouragement to young people for whom university education is not necessarily a common expectation.
What day: Tues or Wed (Primary), Mon or Thurs (Secondary)
How many hours: Primary (3.45 - 5pm), Secondary (4 – 5:30pm)
Minimum Commitment: 1 afternoon per week for 10 - 12 weeks (or 1 full term)
Where: Pembroke House, Walworth, SE17 1QR
About your organisation:
At each local centre IntoUniversity offers an innovative programme that supports young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to attain either a university place or another chosen aspiration.
- Helping students with their homework.
- Support students academically, 1:1 and in a group setting.
- Offer pastoral support to students.
- Debriefing with the team on the session.
- Who are they looking for?
- Minimum Grade C in English and Maths GCSE (alternative experience may be accepted, please contact us about this)
- Enthusiasm for education
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to act on initiative
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
- acquiring new skills such as communication, facilitation and teamwork.
- update for CV
- improving self confidence
- meeting new people
- working in a team
- helping to make a difference in the community
- Must fulfil our DBS requirements to volunteer
- Completing essential training
- Induction arrangements
- Training opportunities
Find out more/ apply!
Contact Stephen Sloan - email@example.com