The Wave Project London is looking for a Volunteer Coach Bus Driver to bring young people with complex needs from the Southwark borough to the beach in Southwick/East Wittering.
What day: Saturdays and Sundays (only Sundays Oct-Nov)
How many hours: Half a day
Minimum Commitment: 5×6 weekends (May-June, Sep-Oct-Nov 2019)
Where: Southwark to Southwick/East Wittering
About your organisation
The Wave Project London is an award-winning charity running therapeutic surf and paddle-board sessions for young people with complex needs from the Southwark borough. Our surfing projects are evidence-based and designed to improve young people their self-confidence, resilience and motivation. The sessions are delivered by a fantastic team of volunteer surf mentors and overseen by a qualified surf instructor. All our staff, paid and voluntary, has undertaken training around our clients' needs.
Purpose of the role
This year we organize five 6-week surf sessions over the weekend in May-June- September-October and only on Sundays in November. To help bring the children to the beach we are looking for a coach driver to drive the double-decker bus from London to the beach and back.
Who are we looking for?
- London Coach bus driver who can take our double-decker bus from Southwark to the beaches of Southwick or East Wittering
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
- Meeting new people from all ages/backgrounds
- Engagement with the Southwark community
- Helping children and helping to make a difference in the community
- Be in nature (see the sea)
- Learn about water-related activities, the ocean and its effects on mental-physical health
Becoming a volunteer with the Wave Project London will welcome you to a family of passionate people from all ages/backgrounds trying to make a difference. Our project focuses on young people from the Southwark borough while at the same time trying to reach out to the wider community. We organize monthly social meetings and provide additional, relevant training in areas such as water skills, first aid and mental health awareness.
- Volunteer Coach Bus drivers will undertake the role for 1.5 hours in the morning and afternoon on Saturday and Sundays (journey from Southwark to East Wittering/Southwick) in May-June-September-October, only on Sundays in November
- Expense Reimbursement Policy
- The role will require a DBS check
Main point of contact
Eugenia Garcia Marti (London Coordinator Wave Project)