Train Station is a health and fitness initiative, aiming to provide high quality fitness instruction that is accessible to all members of the community. They exist to inspire healthier and more active communities. It is their aim that their sessions will become the catalyst for positive change and healthier members of the community. There is a 'Rival Run' event on Saturday 25th August to help raise funds to enable their fitness sessions to remain affordable for all (free for 10-16 year olds, £2 for those aged 16+).
What Day: Saturday 25th August
Where: Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Sports Facility, St. George’s Road, SE1 6ER
About the event
Created by its participants and members of the local community, the Train Station Rivals Run is a one-day celebration centred around the 5km distance run. They aim to bring a diverse representation of the community to work together by either completing the run or by taking part in the various activities and challenges on offer on the day. Participating in these events will help you gain points for your team in the hope of becoming the Rivals Run 2018 champions!
How you can volunteer and make the day a success
- The day celebration can not run without a dedicated group of volunteers
- They are looking for 10 Activity Leader volunteers to help make their ideas a reality, with the hope of inspiring our community to take their health and fitness journey’s more seriously.
- As an Activities Leader, you will be responsible for encouraging the community members to take part in the activities and challenge themselves in a friendly but competitive environment.
- You will also need to keep accurate scores, times etc. so that they can announce the winning team at the end of the event.
Who are they looking for?Someone who is:
- confident engaging with new people of all ages
- confident in delivering instructions/rules to community members
- friendly and welcoming with good listening skills
- confident with basic administrative and organisational tasks
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
- meeting and working with a new, growing organisation looking to make a lasting impact on the community
- have fun
- helping make a tangible difference in the community
- experience delivering in a ‘festival’ setting
- potential for more voluntary opportunities in the future
- training on how to run each activity/game will be delivered in the morning of the event
- lunch will be provided for all volunteers on the day
Find out more/ get involved!
Contact Andrew Mongi
T: 07888 700 685
Visit their website