All in mind is a community interest company serving the BAME (Black Asian Minority and Ethnic) community of London and the southeast.
As a volunteer you will help service users to live their lives as independently as possible, tailored to the needs of the individual and to support them in reaching their potential, through both practical and emotional support.
What day: Minimum one day a week - Flexible within that day
Open Days: Tuesday and Thursday 10am - 4pm
How many hours: Flexible but at least one day a week (hours to suit within that day)
Minimum Commitment: 3 months
Where: 1-14 Bournemouth Close, Peckham Rye, Peckham, London SE15 4PB OR All In Mind mobile day centres across London & The Southeast
About All in Mind
We provide a day centre at Peckham Palms, and a pop up day centre' centre service across different London Boroughs for Adults with mental health suffering or at risks of Isolation and Loneliness. Our service users suffer from different form of mental health issues and are isolated and do not have the opportunity to engage in the community. All In Mind assists and enable our service users to gain access to their community and like-minded people with bespoke stimulating activities, meals and social interaction that leads to independence. We use an approved 5-star rating kitchen to store, process and prepare healthy meal for our services users.
Purpose of role:
- To enable our service users to come out of isolation and loneliness
- To engage service users in their local communities
- To ensure our service users have a positive experience whilst using our services
- To maintain our service user’s dignity and respect
- To ensure our service users “best interest” is always maintained
- To safeguard our service users from harm and abuse
- To maintain meaningful activities for our service users
- To adhere to All In Mind CIC policies and procedures
- To help service users to live their lives as independently as possible, tailored to the needs of the individual and to support them in reaching their potential, through both practical and emotional
- To work effectively with the team to enable the sharing of ideas and information, and to provide safe environment for service users
- Promoting positive mental and physical health of our service users
- Supporting service users’ hobbies, interests and learning of new skills
- Helping service users with daily activities and going day trips
- Helping service users to access community facilities and be included in community groups.
- Communicating effectively with service users and the team to be able to identify their needs and attend to them accordingly
- To assist with our service users ADLs (activities of daily living) personal care, and demonstrating empathy, dignity, respect and compassion at all times
- Observing and monitoring service users mental and physical health.
Who are we looking for?
- Team leader
- Good listening and communication skills
- Patience with empathy
- Team player
- Administrative & organisational skills
- Experience or willing to work with (older people, people with learning, disabilities, mental health etc.)
What do you get from being a volunteer
- Acquiring new skills
- Update for CV
- Improving self confidence
- Meeting new people
- Helping to make a difference in the community etc.
- DBS check is needed
- Expense reimbursement policy
- Induction arrangements
- Training opportunities
Find out more/ get involved!
Contact Augustine Thomas
Tel: 07533 259168