As a Side by Side volunteer, you will share your passion with someone with dementia. Together you can do anything from playing your favorite musical instrument to taking a walk in their local park, or simply have a cup of tea and chat.
What day: Any
How many hours: 2+
Minimum Commitment: 6 Months
Where: Lambeth and Southwark
Where is it you want me to volunteer?
You will be joining the Alzheimer's Society service called Side by Side, which aims to help people with dementia to continue to do the things they love, with the support of a volunteer.
The role will suit you if you…
- Are patient and reliable. You do not necessarily need any prior knowledge of dementia.
- Are committed to learning more about dementia and to have a drive to help someone with dementia to lead a better quality of life.
- There will be ongoing supervision to support you in your volunteering role and planned expenses will be reimbursed.
How much time do you expect me to commit?
- In order to promote stability for the person with dementia, you need to be able to commit to two hours per week or two hours a month for a minimum of 6 months, after the relevant checks, and training, have taken place.
- Please note that the service runs Monday - Friday, 9 - 5, or at the weekends.
Main point of contact
For further information or to apply for this volunteering opportunity, contact Janet Clarke, Side by Side Manager for Lambeth, on 020 7735 5850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org