The role of Health Promotion Volunteer will involve developing and delivering workshops on a range of health topics such as: diabetes, substance use, BBV, sexual health, nutrition, physical activity, mental wellbeing, healthy lifestyles, nutrition, diet and physical activity.
When: 2 hours per fortnight/month Mon- Fri between 10am – 5pm
Where: 33 Rushworth Street, London SE1 0RB
Where will I be volunteering?
The Recovery College is a pioneering, inclusive learning programme, based on the principle that learning can be a transformative experience. Unlike at traditional colleges, the main focus is not on achieving a qualification. Instead, the Recovery College provides a supportive educational environment in which our clients have the opportunity to sample a wide range of subjects and wellbeing activities alongside a diverse group of peer learners and volunteer tutors. The courses focus on helping people with their recovery by providing opportunities to learn new skills, make new friendships, build confidence and inspire others.
What will I be doing?
St Mungo’s work has a strong focus on the health and wellbeing of our clients. The roles and activities will form part of a wider approach to engage our residents with healthcare provision and to work in conjunction with local providers to deliver a range of health promotion workshops.
The role will involve developing and delivering workshops on a range of health topics such as: diabetes, substance use, BBV, sexual health, nutrition, physical activity, mental wellbeing, healthy lifestyles, nutrition, diet and physical activity.
We are looking for volunteers with:
- Ability to plan and deliver an interesting and interactive workshop to improve the health and wellbeing of the project’s residents.
- You will need to be a qualified medical practitioner or currently in training.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Understanding of the causes of homelessness and its impact.
- Ability to work with people who may have offending behaviour, substance use and/or mental health, with sensitivity and respect. We particularly welcome applicants with experience of using and moving on from support services.
- Willingness to attend training to develop you in your volunteer role.
What support will I receive?
- Induction training to prepare you to volunteer and access to additional training.
- Regular support from your volunteer supervisor.
- There is a dedicated Volunteer Services team to support your volunteering.
- Out of pocket travel expenses will be reimbursed.
I would like to help: