Florence Nightingale Museum are looking for volunteers at to help support their Learning Programme to ensure their schools and families have the best possible experience during their visit. They are seeking help from volunteers who are passionate about museum and heritage education and keen to gain hands-on experience in a museum learning environment.
Where: Florence Nightingatle Museum, 2 Lambeth Palace Rd, Lambeth SE1 7EW
When: 10am-2pm once a week (Mon-Fri)
Minimum Commitment: 3 months
Main tasks and activities of the role
- Assist the learning team in setting up and packing down school sessions
- Help the actor-explainer with greeting school groups and crowd control on gallery
- Explain the workshop activities to teachers and pupils and support the group’s engagement with the museum
- Support the learning team with the facilitation of holiday activities for families
- Help with preparation, set up and pack down of family activities
- Assist with the evaluation and marketing of the learning programme as required
- Help the museum gain an insight of its audience by encouraging visitors to take part in visitor surveys and by recording visitor engagement figures
- Contributing to the upkeep and visual appearance of the museum by keeping it clean and tidy for our visitors
- Other museum engagement activities may be required when there are no schools in the museum.