Are you a warm, empathetic person with good communication skills? Could you offer four hours a week to support families impacted by sexual abuse?
How many hours: 4 hours per week
Minimum Commitment: 6 months
Where: Brockley, London
Mosac are a charity based in Brockley supporting families impacted by child sexual abuse. We offer a range of supportive services to enable parents/carers to rebuild confidence, alleviate isolation and to assist both parents/carers and their children to achieve an improved quality of life. Since 1992, Mosac has provided a free National Helpline service to protective parents and carers of sexually abused children.
Purpose of role:
Mosac are currently seeking Helpline Volunteers to support protective parents and carers of sexually abused children by providing a safe space to talk and share their feelings and needs; provide information and signposting to other relevant organisations/services; and refer the clients to Mosac's different services.
- Take calls on the telephone helpline during the 4 hour shift.
- Fill in detailed call log for every telephone call.
- Attend a mandatory Supervision Meeting every month
Who are we looking for?
- No previous helpline experience necessary.
- To have good verbal, listening and communication skills.
- To be caring and non-judgmental.
- If a survivor of child sexual abuse- to have worked through personal healing process
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
- Access to a 8 week in depth training programme
- Ongoing support and supervision from a friendly team
- Making a difference to the lives of families impacted by child sexual abuse
- Out of pocket expenses for travel will be met by Mosac
Find out more/ apply
Contact Danielle Thom to find out more/ for an application pack: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for application is 20th September 2019
- Interviews will take place on 25th and 30th September 2019.
- If successful, you will be invited to attend 8 consecutive weeks of training which will begin on Monday 7th October and finish on Monday 25th November (9.30am – 2.30pm every week).