Are you a warm, empathetic person with good communication skills? Could you offer four hours a week for one year to support families impacted by sexual abuse?
What day: Monday – Friday (flexible)
How many hours: 4 hours per week
Minimum Commitment: 12 months
Where: Brockley, London
About your organisation
Mosac are a charity based in Brockley supporting families impacted by child sexual abuse. We offer a range of supportive services to enable parents/carers to rebuild confidence, alleviate isolation and to assist both parents/carers and their children to achieve an improved quality of life. Since 1992, Mosac has provided a free National Helpline service to protective parents and carers of sexually abused children.
Purpose of role
Mosac are currently seeking Helpline Volunteers to support protective parents and carers of sexually abused children by providing a safe space to talk and share their feelings and needs; provide information and signposting to other relevant organisations/services; and refer the clients to Mosac's different services.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- Take calls on the telephone helpline during the 4 hour shift
- Fill in detailed call log for every telephone call
- Attend a mandatory Supervision Meeting every month
Who are we looking for?
- To have good verbal, listening and communication skills
- To be caring and non-judgmental
- To be reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- No previous helpline experience necessary
- To believe in Mosac values: supportive, non-judgmental, professional, respectful
- To adhere to confidentiality and code of conduct
- Be able to cope under pressure
- If a survivor of child sexual abuse- to have worked through personal healing process
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity
- Access to a 10 week in depth training programme
- Ongoing support and supervison
- Making a difference to the lives of families impacted by child sexual abuse
- Out of pocket expenses for travel will be met by Mosac
- To apply for this role, please email Danielle Thom at: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Please note the closing date for application is 30th April 2019 and interviews will take place on 7th and 8th May 2019 If successful, you will be invited to attend 10 consecutive weeks of mandatory training which will take place on 15th May, 22nd May, 29th May, 5th June, 12th June, 19th June, 26th June, 3rd July, 10th July, 17th July 2019 (10am - 2pm). It is essential you can attend ALL training dates.