Volunteer Shoppers have the important task of collecting together all the goods our customers have ordered. You'll need to collect all the items, make sensible decisions when alternatives must be found, check one another’s shops and take it through the till ready for the Delivery Volunteers to take to the customers.
What day: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
How many hours: 2 hours
Where: Currently Old Kent Road, but will be expanding to other parts of the borough
- Collecting together customers shopping at stores
- Make sensible decisions about alternatives where necessary
- Check one another’s shops for errors
- Take it through the tills ready for pick-up
Who are we looking for?
- Enthusiastic, team players
- Good listening skills
- Administrative skills
- Basic computer skills
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
- All Food2You volunteers will receive all the training they need to feel happy and confident in their role. They will receive great experience working with an established charity and vital skills that will improve your CV. They will endeavour to provide additional, relevant training where possible too, in areas such as First Aid, Dementia awareness and malnutrition.
- Food2You volunteers will very much be a part of the AUKLS family, with regular invites to social events attended by both staff and service users.
- Most importantly, you will be making a tangible difference to the lives of vulnerable older people in your local community.
- Shopping Volunteers can choose the number of days they would like to volunteer with us, it is very flexible
- You will receive full training for your role
- You can claim travel expenses for your role
- You will need to fill out an application form, and attend a short, informal chat with staff before commencing the position
Find out more/ get involved!
Contact Caroline Hughes (Food2You Project Coordinator) at: Food2You@ageuklands.org.uk