Delivery Volunteers will accompany the Volunteer Drivers as they collect the shopping orders from the supermarket and deliver them to customers homes. Delivery Volunteers will be responsible for liaising with customers, collecting payments for the shopping and explaining any variances in what they have ordered. You will work alongside another Delivery Volunteer in all tasks.
What day: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
How many hours: 4-5 hours
Where: Currently Old Kent Road, but will be expanding to other parts of the borough
About your organisation
Food2You is an exciting new shopping delivery service, supporting older people at risk of malnutrition to live more healthy, independent and dignified lives. It will be run by Age UK Lewisham & Southwark (AUKLS), with a team of enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers at the heart of the project.
- Unpacking and, where required, putting away customer shopping
- Liaising with customers, explaining any variances in their shopping
- Collecting payments for shopping
- Assist with loading and unloading the van
Who are we looking for?
- Enthusiastic, team players
- Good listening skills
- Administrative skills
- Basic numeracy skills
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
All Food2You volunteers will receive all the training they need to feel happy and confident in their role. They will receive great experience working with an established charity and vital skills that will improve your CV. They will endeavour to provide additional, relevant training where possible too, in areas such as First Aid, Dementia awareness and malnutrition.
Food2You volunteers will very much be a part of the AUKLS family, with regular invites to social events attended by both staff and service users.
Most importantly, you will be making a tangible difference to the lives of vulnerable older people in your local community.
- Delivery Volunteers can choose the number of days they would like to volunteer with us, it is very flexible
- You will receive full training for your role
- You can claim travel expenses for your role
- You will need to fill out an application form, and attend a short, informal chat with staff before commencing the position
- You will need to undertake a DBS check for this position
Find out more/ get involved!
Contact Caroline Hughes (Food2You Project Coordinator) at: Food2You@ageuklands.org.uk