Food2You is an exciting shopping delivery service, supporting older people at risk of malnutrition to live more healthy, independent and dignified lives. It will be run by Age UK Lewisham & Southwark (AUKLS), with a team of enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers at the heart of the project.
What day: Monday
How many hours 4 hours a week
Where: Yalding Healthy Living Centre, SE16
Purpose of roleFood2You Shopping Administrators will be responsible for taking and recording shopping lists over the phone from customers, ensuring they are recorded in a clear, sensible manner for the Volunteer Shoppers. You will help us to prepare the ‘Shop Box’ for the week ahead. You may also need to undertake other simple administration tasks, to support Food2You staff in ensuring the service runs smoothly.
- Taking and recording shopping lists from customers in a clear way
- Preparing the ‘Shop Box’ for the week ahead, including ordering lists, labelling freezer bags, preparing volunteer sign-in sheets and more
- Other simple administrative tasks as required
Who are we looking for?
- Enthusiastic, team players
- Good listening skills
- Administrative skills
- Basic computer skills
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
- All Food2You volunteers will receive all the training they need to feel happy and confident in their role. They will receive great experience working with an established charity and vital skills that will improve your CV. They will endeavour to provide additional, relevant training where possible too, in areas such as First Aid, Dementia awareness and malnutrition.
- Food2You volunteers will very much be a part of the AUKLS family, with regular invites to social events attended by both staff and service users.
- Most importantly, you will be making a tangible difference to the lives of vulnerable older people in your local community.
- Delivery Volunteers can choose the number of days they would like to volunteer with us, it is very flexible
- You will receive full training for your role
- You can claim travel expenses for your role
- You will need to fill out an application form, and attend a short, informal chat with staff before commencing the position
Find out more/ get involved!
Contact Caroline Hughes (Food2You Project Coordinator) at: Food2You@ageuklands.org.uk