Cancer Research UK rely on every mile, every pound and every volunteer to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. This includes our massage therapists, who are vital in making sure our runners feel appreciated after their challenge.
What day: 13th October 2019
How many hours: 6 hours
Minimum Commitment: 2 hours
Where: Royal Parks, London
About Cancer Research uk
Cancer Research UK has a vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
- In the 1970s, less than a quarter of people with cancer survived. But over the last 40 years, survival has doubled – today half will survive.
- Our ambition is to accelerate progress and see three-quarters of people surviving the disease within the next 20 years.
You will be part of our team of massage therapists located at our post race reception and will be providing massages and advice to our fantastic runners. Please note you will need to bring a couch/mat and towels to the event.
What support will I be given?
On the day we’ll provide you with ample space, a massage area manager and a free t-shirt. We’ll also provide you with refreshments to keep you energised.
Before the day, a member of the Sports Team will be in contact to brief you and will be available for any questions you may have.
Who are we looking for?
- Qualified massage therapist.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Ideally, some experience in sports therapy.
- Insurance that covers practicing therapy at our event.
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
The satisfaction of making a vital difference to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK. Meet new people and help our grateful runners recover from their incredible challenge!
Main point of contact
Jack Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org