The Family Food club is looking for volunteers who can support parents and young children attending our weekly group, allowing parents to fully participate in the cooking activities.
We need volunteers who can help care for the children, support parents and assist with group cooking activities. Volunteers play an integral role in bringing families together to cook and eat, share recipes from diverse cultures and learn about healthy eating. There is no need to be an expert just enthusiastic about children and willing to build relationships that make the world of difference.What day: Every Monday from 09:15 – 12:00
How many hours 1 hours and 45 mins
Minimum Commitment once a week
Where Camberwell Salvation Army, 105 Lomond Grove, SE5 7HG
About your organisation:This group has been set up by Parents and Communities Together (PACT), a local project set up to support and empower parents and improve the health and development outcomes for children living in Southwark. They run different groups throughout the week for parents and their pre-school children, providing a fun place for children to play and learn.
Purpose of role:
- Volunteers assist with children (0 - 5 years) to give parents attending the club space to fully participate in the activities so they can learn, share and develop skills inside the kitchen and beyond
- Volunteers help children to have a fun and enjoyable experience at the Family Food Club
- Volunteers play an integral role in supporting families to overcome barriers to healthy eating and create a positive non-judgmental community.
- Volunteers help to promote social integration, combat isolation, improve the wellbeing of the parents that attend our groups and break down the barriers to healthy eating
- Engaging children in fun and stimulating play
- Assisting in group cooking activities
- Building relationships with parents
- Working as a team
We are looking for someone who:
- Has knowledge about cooking or is eager to learn with us
- A good listener who can build relationships with the families who attend
- Patient, kind and enjoys working with babies.
- A team player willing to support other volunteers and work as a team
The volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
- Gain experience in the realms of health and social care and an opportunity to offer
- their own skills to support the wider community.
- Gain experience in childcare and childhood development.
- Improve their language skills in both English and Spanish
- Learn some new cooking skills
- Utilise and strengthen their interpersonal skills
- Update their CV and gain a reference after 3 months
- Meet new people and become part of a beautiful community of parents and volunteers
- We will require the name of two reference and will run a DBS check
- Volunteers will receive an induction that will provide an overview of our organisation, the specific role of volunteers and our safeguarding protocol
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed against receipts.
- Training opportunities will be provided.
Main point of contact
Assistant Community Organiser for Volunteers
Parents and Communities Together