The Southwark Wellbeing Hub provides information and support to anyone living in Southwark who is worried about their own wellbeing or someone close to them. They are currently recruiting for 1 to 1 Support Volunteers.
When: 1/2 day a week from 12-4pm Mon to Fri and attend monthly supervision
Where: In the community/ Southwark Wellbeing Hub
Minimum commitment: 6 months
Purpose of 1 to 1 Support Volunteers
A 1 to 1 Support Volunteer works within the hub’s team to help clients get the right support from services and develop strategies to improve their wellbeing and realise their goals.
A 1 to 1 Support Volunteer will be happy to give their time to understand a client’s situation and alongside the client learn about and navigate the services most appropriate to help, explore new opportunities with the client and offer their own individual skills to help clients towards their goals.
Who are they looking for?
This role is suited to someone who can offer consistent and gentle motivation to help a client make changes and overcome challenges; who can share their skills to empower a client, and be empathic while maintaining clear boundaries.
- Support the client to action the goal plan created by staff and the client.
- Support the client to liaise with services; e.g. sitting alongside in order to make a phone call, open letters, fill out forms.
- Accompanying the client to appointments or activities
- Support the client with problem solving
- Develop a time limited and trusting relationship with the client, working within the boundaries set by the Southwark wellbeing hub
- Keep records of client interaction and feedback to staff team and the Volunteer and Training Coordinator.