Joint update no. 3 from Citizens Advice Southwark, Southwark Law Centre, Migrant Legal Action and Cambridge House Law Centre:
"As the four main advice agencies in Southwark, we are writing to provide you with a joint update on how local residents can continue to access our vital advice and information services safely, whilst following guidance provided by the government and Public Health England."
Citizens Advice Southwark has now resumed face-to-face drop in sessions from 9.30 am to 4.00 pm 5 days per week at its 3 offices:
- Peckham - 97 Peckham High Street, SE15 5RS
- Bermondsey - 8 Market Place, Southwark Park Road, SE16 3UQ
- Walworth – 6-8 Westmoreland Road, Walworth, SE17 2AY
These services are being provided following social distancing guidelines and best practice. We encourage people to drop in anytime during our opening hours but to avoid early mornings in case of queues.
There are currently no other face to face drop in sessions operating in Southwark. Please do not attend the offices of Southwark Law Centre, Cambridge House Law Centre and Migrant Legal Action unless you have an appointment.
We will all continue to help all clients with existing cases, and we are providing people in this situation with information about how to contact their caseworker.
Where there is an emergency we will do our best to make arrangements for a face to face appointment.
Our phone services and details of how and when people can contact us for help are set out in the table below.
In addition, Southwark Law Centre continues to provide second tier advice for other agencies on 020 7732 2008 - Mon to Fri 09.30 to 13.00 and 14.00 to 17.30.
- All Citizens Advice Southwark public services can be accessed by email through their website here
- Agencies can also make client referrals through the website here
- Online information on benefits, debt, housing, employment, immigration, consumer, family, discrimination and health, can be accessed through the Citizens Advice Southwark website here
- Citizens Advice web chat service is also available for help here
The agancies want to reassure people that they are all still here to help you, and that they are continuing to work hard to help you in the best way they possibly can in the current circumstances. They will continue to review official guidance and will provide further updates as and when circumstances change.