Would you like to be part of a decision-making panel, helping make decisions about how funding is distributed to small voluntary and community sector groups in Southwark?
Working with United St Saviour’s Charity and VCS groups, we have developed a grants pilot that seeks to break down barriers to funding that VCS organisations experience in Southwark, as highlighted in Community Southwark’s recent State of the Sector research.
The 2nd round of funding opened on the 30th October 2023. 10 VCS groups will each receive £5,000.
We are now making an open call-out to VCS groups in Southwark to be part of the first stage of decision making where those on the panel will select the final 20 applications that will be then be reviewed in the 2nd stage of decision-making.
- The decision-making meeting will take place on Monday 8th January (morning) at Community Southwark’s offices in Bermondsey. We’d like all panel members to attend in person.
- The panel will consist of 5 representatives from the VCS in Southwark.
- Community Southwark will facilitate the process but not make decisions about individual grants.
- You will receive the grant applications and scoring criteria by Friday 15th December. We’d expect you to keep the equivalent of half a day to a day free to review applications before the decision-making meeting so that you can come to the meeting with your draft scores and feedback.
- This is a paid opportunity recognising that VCS time is valuable and the skills and experience of VCS representatives should not be undervalued. A payment of £400 will be made to the organisation that each VCS representative is involved with.
To be part of the decision-making panel, you should be:
- Involved as a volunteer/employee or trustee of a VCS organisation based in Southwark.
- Not a trustee/volunteer or employee of any of the VCS groups who have made applications.
- Available to take part in the decision-making meeting on Monday 8th January 2024.
- Available to spend half a day to a day reviewing applications between 15th December 2023 and 8th January 2024.
Feedback from panel members from the 1st round:
To register an expression of interest to be part of the decision-making panel, please submit your details here: Expression of interest form
Panel selection will be selected randomly from those who express an interest and meet the criteria as above so everyone has an equal chance of taking part.
Please visit here to find out more about the grant opportunity: https://communitysouthwark.org/exciting-grant-opportunity-funding-differently-2nd-round/