The Felix Project is London’s largest redistributor of free surplus food to community organisations. They are looking for community help to ensure tonnes of good food are saved from going to waste by giving you the opportunity to be involved in Community Distribution events during December and first week of January.
Felix is offering their Community Distribution service during the following four weeks:
- w/c 11th December
- w/c 17th December
- w/c 27th December
- w/c 2nd January
The Felix Project is closed on 25th, 26th December & 1st January.
How Community Distribution works:
- A Felix van, full to the brim, will deliver food to your community organisation. This distribution will require you to have the capacity to receive potentially on date food or large volumes of one food item to redistribute amongst your community.
- The food can include fresh fruit and vegetables, store cupboard, chilled and even frozen food. Much of this will be short dated but some of this may be freezable.
- Being surplus food, Felix cannot guarantee food type or quantity, some food may be Christmas related.
- The food can be distributed inside or outside in a safe place with good access for a transit sized van. We will ask you to supply photos to show this.
- Health and safety will be assessed by you with a risk assessment sent in advance to be completed and sent back.
- Organisations wishing to participate will need to arrange volunteers to ensure that all food is distributed within 2 hours of the delivery van arriving.
- The Felix Project will assess all requests and include these in a planning exercise that will take most of November. You will be notified of a delivery time/s in early December.
- Felix requires your flexibility to receive the delivery throughout the day. The more flexible you can be with your timings, the more likely you’ll receive a delivery.
How to register:
- To register, please complete this survey by 17th November.
- Due to the high demand for this service Felix is unlikely to be able to respond to emails; if you are interested, please use the survey link.
Want to find out more? Attend an information session on Teams with Felix…
- Monday 13th, 1pm – Click here to join the meeting
- Thursday 16th, 10am – Click here to join the meeting
Please support this project by sharing this amongst your networks.
Hannah Norgate (she/her)
London Plus Networks Manager
07927 965 071 | 020 7125 0151