Just got registered as a non-profit organisation? So what is the next step?
This workshop will shed light on the building blocks of starting up an organisation, including legal aspects, governance, service users, assessing needs, funding, and finances.
Together we will look at the key structures a non-profit organisation needs to have in place to become more successful in promoting social change.
This interactive workshop will bring together different start-up groups to use a hands-on tool that will foster understanding, discussion, creativity and analysis of their own work.
The session will aim to help participants to:
- Understand your organisation and what is required to run it;
- Understanding your aims and objectives and linking this to your activities;
- Become more strategic;
- Understand the possible ways to generate income
- Make sure you have good governance in place;
- Cover practical points / issues
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for people who have recently started set up a not-for-profit (eg. community group, a charity or a social enterprise) organisation that will provide services, activities or products to the people of Southwark and surrounding boroughs. This is mainly for groups that are already registered or running their services.
We encourage you to attend with your colleagues.
Community Southwark members: FREE
Not a member of Community Southwark yet? Please check HERE for information about how to become a member, if you deliver services / activities to Southwark residents.
- There is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If three of our training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events.
- Lunch is not provided for this course. Ideally, please bring a sandwich or something with you so that we can chat during this time.
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place. We ask that a maximum of three people per organisation book to attend as we have limited places.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information please call us on 0207 358 7020.
Community Southwark, Development Team
Please book your ticket below: