Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
Delivered by MHFA England and arranged by South London and Maudsley Foundation Trust, this 2 day course is designed to help Southwark voluntary sector staff and volunteers who work with young people in Southwark.
Attending this 2-day course will help you to:
- Increase awareness around young people’s mental health
- Raise mental health awareness and literacy
- Reduce stigma around mental ill health
- Boost knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promote early intervention which enables recovery
- Allow you to develop practical skills to identify a range of mental health issues and support a young person to get the help they need
How to book
You can book your free place via the button below, or contact Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note, you must book by Thursday 17 November.
What participants say about the course:
“Best course I’ve done for years, essential for everyone to do regardless of professional background”
“I felt held and validated. Facilitators created a dynamic group environment which allowed for ease of learning. Thank you!”
“Really insightful and helpful, both instructors were incredible. Definitely learnt a lot of useful information in the past 2 days.”