Walworth Town Hall are looking for a VCS operator to run their new community space – find out more in these online Q+A sessions.
They are seeking a community focused not-for- profit organisation to deliver a range of activities that appeal to and serve the diverse cross section of local residents. One that is willing to work in partnership with local community groups and can bring a unique perspective and expertise to help create a dynamic community space.
The space benefits from its own dedicated entrance off Walworth Road, as well as a secondary access from Walworth Town Hall’s café and lobby space.
In addition to the main space, the community space benefits from the following;
- A small storage room off the adjacent lobby.
- One tea points, located in the smaller rooms,
- Two WC’s including one accessible WC (DDA compliant) accessed off the main corridor.
- The space will be delivered fully finished, including a set number of stackable chairs and foldable tables.
Licence and cost details
The leaseholder, General Projects, are looking to grant an initial 5 year licence, at peppercorn rent (nominal very small amount).
The appointed operator (licensee) will be responsible for covering all costs for running the community space such as business rates, utilities, refuse collection, repairs and maintenance, building insurance etc.
These costs will either be included in the building’s service charge, to be apportioned on a pro-rata basis, or through direct costs to the operators. It is estimated that the building related annual running costs for the space will be £20,000 to £35,000 (please note, this is only an estimation and actual costs may vary).
There is a two stage tender process to run the space, with groups invited to submit an initial Expression Of Interest (EOI) before submitting a full tender document
- 28 July 2023 – Deadline of EOI proposals
- 1 September 2023 – Notification of 2nd stage success
- 20 October 2023 – Stage 2 deadline
- w/c 23 October 2023 – Final presentation to board
- 13 November 2023 – Announcement
As part of this, they are running two Q+A webinars on the following dates:
How to book
You do not need to register or book a place for this meeting – simply click on the meeting link above at the appropriate time. You may find it helpful to add these to your calendar as a reminder!