Community groups can access a free mental health training course, focussing on the impact of financial hardships.
The training from Thrive London and Healthy Dialogues will also include an exploration of skills to engage people in conversations in mental health and wellbeing, and what to do when someone is experiencing a mental health or emotional wellbeing crisis.
This training is split across three, hour-long modules, delivered online and bookable at various times of the day.
- Module A: What is mental health and where to find support
- Develop an understanding of the psychosocial model of mental health and wellbeing and the 5-ways to wellbeing.
- Understand the relationship between mental health and stigma related to financial hardships.
- Recognise when and where to appropriately access support and information.
- Module B: Having conversations about mental health
- Develop conversational skills for brief interventions to engage people opportunistically and empathetically in conversations about mental health, wellbeing, including financial wellbeing.
- Module C: How to support someone experiencing a mental health crisis
- Understand what to do in an emergency situation where someone is experiencing an emotional or a mental health crisis
Training times and dates
Training sessions are scheduled to take place three times a day, on various days from Monday 23 January to Tuesday 21 March. Please see their website for the full list of dates and times.
If you have any questions regarding this training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About the trainers
The series of mental health awareness training sessions are funded and supported by the Mayor of London under the remit of the Mental Health and Wellbeing Recovery Mission, which is being delivered in partnership with Thrive LDN. The mission aims to build a coalition of wellbeing champions and empower Londoners to act to improve their own and their communities’ wellbeing.
Healthy Dialogues Ltd is a Public Health consultancy and established Health and Wellbeing training provider for the public and voluntary sector. Trainings are conducted by a team of Chartered Health Psychologists that specialise in behaviour change with a focus on positive health and wellbeing outcomes for individuals and communities.
How to book
Participants will need to register for each module separately. You can do this via the button below, or via their website.