The voluntary sector adapted rapidly to address the challenges presented by covid-19. The way that organisations changed their recruitment, support, and management of volunteers continues to impact the volunteer experience.
Now, two and a half years on, the sector is facing another crisis. The rising cost of living is affecting the demand for services, the ability to attract and retain volunteers, and the time that volunteers can give whilst they too face emotional and financial challenges.
During the National Volunteering Forum, you will:
- gain insights on recent volunteer-related research including Time Well Spent, the Mobilising Voluntary Action report and the Civil Society Almanac 2022
- discuss the experiences of volunteers during covid-19
- identify challenges and barriers to volunteering at a time of crisis
- look at practical ways organisations can engage and retain volunteers through the cost of living crisis.
About the speakers
The National Volunteering Forum will be hosted by NCVO, the National Council for Voluntary Organisations.
Who should attend?
The National Volunteering Forum brings together volunteer-involving organisations and infrastructure bodies from around England to discuss issues of shared concern. Forums are regularly attended by:
- volunteer managers
- volunteer coordinators
- anyone involved in the delivery of volunteer-led programmes and services.
This event is free.
How to Book
Book your place using the button below, or find out more via the NCVO website
Email email@example.com with any questions you may have about the event.