Join this free session, run by the UK’s leading property advice charity, the Ethical Property Foundation, in partnership with Richmond CVS and Kingston Voluntary Action.
In this informative, accessible webinar run by EPF’s experienced solicitors and surveyors, you will cover the basics of how to read a lease so that you understand what you are signing, how it affects your organisation and how to manage your relationship with your landlord. You will receive an information pack with the opportunity for free follow-up expert advice.
The webinar will help you:
- Understand why leases matter & why they play such a key role in your organisation.
- Understand some of the legal jargon and demystify your lease.
- Understand what the principles within a Heads of Terms document mean.
- Understand different types of agreement – lease vs licence.
- Recognise and understand how to manage common problem areas, such as rent reviews, break clauses.
- Understand the principles to be followed when reviewing or terminating your lease.
- Understand the negotiation process when renewing a lease and how to evaluate what is right for your organisation.
- Take control of your lease and understand what processes to put in place.
The Ethical Property Foundation is the go-to property advice charity supporting the UK voluntary sector. Founded in 2004, it is the sole referral partner to the Charity Commission for land and property advice.
Who Should Attend
This session is suitable for trustees and senior managers of not-for-profit organisations who own or lease a property, or those who are looking to do so. It is open to groups from across the UK.
Places are restricted to a maximum of 2 per organisation.
If booking for this session has closed, the correct ticket type is not available, or you have another training-related query, please contact Kingston Voluntary Action on 0208 255 3335.
This is an online training via Zoom. A Zoom link will be emailed to you in your confirmation email.
How to book
You can register for your free place via the button below, or via their website.