In the run-up to the COP26, the 26th UN Climate Change Conference, the Volunteer Team want to take this opportunity to share the projects and organisations fighting to tackle climate change across the borough.
There are loads of ways to get involve and start volunteering today!
Here are a handful of projects who are working hard to help support the local environment across the borough and need your support:
- Join the community at Plastic Free Peckham: https://www.plasticfreepeckham.org/
- Get stuck in with the London Wildlife Trust Centre by supporting the Wildlife Gardening project in Peckham: https://www.wildlondon.org.uk/nature-reserves/centre-wildlife-gardening
- Join the Burgess Park weekly litter-picking that takes place every Monday: https://www.friendsofburgesspark.org.uk/meetings/
- Support nature and biodiversity in Southwark by becoming a Southwark Nature Action Volunteer: https://southwarknature.org.uk/get-involved/
- The Conservation Volunteers run a volunteering programme at the Stave Hill Ecology Park on the Rotherhithe Peninsula: https://www.tcv.org.uk/london/urbanecology/urban-ecology-sites/stave-hill-ecological-park/
- Join Bankside Open Spaces Trust (BOST) to help local gardens in the north of the borough attract local wildlife: https://www.bost.org.uk/volunteering.
- Join a river clean up or campaign with Thames 21: https://www.thames21.org.uk/get-involved-2/
Or for more volunteering opportunities you can check out our gardening volunteer page here: https://www.communitysouthwark.org/gardening
NEW: Volunteer Strategy for Southwark!
This is also the perfect opportunity to inform you that we have launched the “Supporting Active Communities Volunteer Strategy for Southwark 2021 – 2024″ – View it here
If you are seeking a volunteer opportunity there are lots of ways you can get actively involved across Southwark. You can find out what is available by visiting our full list of live volunteering opportunities, or why not book in a volunteering advice appointment with one of our advisers. We are here to help you find the right volunteering position! Just visit our want to volunteer page here