Just got registered as a non-profit organisation? So what to do now? This workshop will shed a light on the building blocks of starting up an organisation, including legal aspects, governance, service users, assessing needs, funding, and finances.
Together we will look at the key structures a non-profit organisation needs to have in place to become more successful in promoting social change. This interactive workshop will bring together different start-up groups to use a hands-on tool that will foster understanding, discussion, creativity and analysis of their own work.
This session will aim to help attendees to:
- Understand your organisation and what is required to run it;
- Understanding your aims and objectives and linking this to your activities;
- Become more strategic;
- Understand the possible ways to generate income;
- Make sure you have a good governance in place;
- Define the next steps
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for people who have recently started a not-for-profit (eg. community group, a charity or a social enterprise) organisation that will provide services, activities or products to the people of Southwark and surrounding boroughs. This is mainly for groups that are already registered or running their services.
We encourage you to attend with your colleagues.
Pre-course work: We require you to complete out initial assessment questionnaire before attending the workshop. This asks a few questions about your plans and ideas. It will enable the trainer to tailor the workshop to your needs.
After the workshop we will send you a briefing of further reading and resources to help you develop your organisation
Cost - FREE
1. There is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If three of our training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events.
2. Lunch is not provided for this course.
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information please call us on 0207 358 7020
Community Southwark, Development Team
The event is free, but booking is required. Please book your space below.