Are you considering starting up a not-for-profit organisation? Come and join Community Southwark in this interactive session which will be an introduction to the most important things you need to think about and plan when setting up a new organisation. This workshop is a great opportunity for you to meet others going through the same process as you and learn more about what is involved in setting up a non profit organisation.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for people who wish to set up a not-for-profit (eg. community group, a charity or a social enterprise) organisation that will provide services, activities or products to the people of Southwark and surrounding boroughs.
We encourage you to attend with your colleagues.
This session will aim to help attendees to:
- Identify the need for their organisation, and its aims
- Understand the voluntary and community sector concept of non-profit, different organisational/legal structures, and where your organisation fits
- Linking your activities to your aims and objectives
- Plan your 'next steps'
Pre-course work: We require you to complete out initial an assessment questionnaire before attending the workshop. This asks a few questions about your plans and ideas. It will enable the trainer to tailor the workshop to your needs. Please fill THIS FORM in and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the workshop.
After the workshop we will send you a briefing of further reading and resources to help you develop your organisation
- There is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events.
- This workshop is for people involved in the voluntary and community sector (staff members, trustees or active volunteers). If you are not part of an organisation, or intend to start up a non-profit organisation please get in touch with us prior to booking your place.
- Lunch is not provided for this course.
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information, please call us on 0207 358 7020
Community Southwark / Development Team
Booking is essential! Please book your space below!