Here you can find links to data on environmental issues such as air quality, recycling and wildlife for Southwark, different London boroughs and the UK as a whole.
- Emissions data for Southwark can be viewed in detail here, or in less detail (from the Elephant and Castle monitoring site) for different years here.
- London Mapper presents statistics on a range of social issues at London, borough and ward levels. They are presented in map format with areas resized based on the statistics, so may be useful for getting quick impressions about trends. The Environment & Travel maps include data on emissions and pollution, land use, access to nature, and wildlife.
- GLA data: summary (click the 'Environment' button) and in detail.
- Government statistics and reports can be searched by keyword, department (eg Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) or topic (eg Environment and Wildlife). For a simpler list of data, see https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-environment-food-rural-affairs/about/statistics.
- DEFRA’s Environmental Statistics: Key Facts report (2013)
- The Environmental Health Atlas shows relative risk factors and certain diseases by area down to ward level.
- The OECD’s profile of the UK gives national-level data over time, compared with other member countries. It includes data on the environment such as emissions, waste, water and energy supply.
- This data visualisation infographic is filled with data on air pollution put together in a way that highlights just how much is affecting the global air quality.