Millwall Community Scheme provide sporting, educational, social and healthy lifestyle opportunities to the local communities of Lewisham and Southwark at affordable prices. We deliver high quality coaching and education programmes built on a positive, inclusive and fun approach to sport.
Our work has given people of all ages, from all backgrounds and of all abilities the opportunity to take part in sport. It has helped them to realise their potential, to be proud of their achievements and, ultimately, to build a stronger community. We:
- • deliver schools coaching sessions in a range of sports including football, basketball, athletics, netball and rugby;
- • run community clubs in a number of these sports;
- • organise coaching activities on estates and at community venues;
- • offer holiday soccer courses at different locations around the two boroughs;
- • train people to become sports coaches and develop their communication skills, and
- • manage the Lions Centre and its 3rd generation indoor Astroturf training facility for community use.
Whether you are looking for something to do in the evenings or over the holidays, you want to try a new sport, you are a teacher interested in what we can offer your school, or you want to become a qualified coach, then we can help.