Solace Women's Aid are recruiting volunteers to become Peer Support Volunteers in Southwark.
The right candidate will work independently but with support from the Training and Development Coordinator to Provide one-to-one companionship and support to female survivors of domestic/sexual abuse.
Skills and Experience
- Experienced domestic and/or sexual violence in the past and have exited the abusive relationship/any Solace services for more than 1 year
- Excellent personal and professional boundaries
- Good listening skills
- Keen to support other survivors and help empower them
- Be willing to learn
- A minimum commitment of 6 months post training for 2 hours per week/ fortnight and attendence of 6 weekly group supervision
- You will be required to attend 3 days of mandatory training on: 12th, 19th and 26th Jan 2018 (10am – 4pm)
To find out more view the role description