The Healthy Living Centre is looking for volunteer Kitchen Assistants to support the Healthy Living Chef to prepare the daily lunches served to their customers. The chef follows a rolling menu and adapts it to support a variety of dietary requirements.
The Role would suit somebody with the following skills/abilities:
- Awareness of the issues effecting older people living in London.
- Good communication skills and understands confidentiality.
- Can serve lunches, teas and coffees.
- To help the Chef in preparing all lunches at Yalding Healthy Living Centre.
- To clean the kitchen area on a daily basis, including mopping, dish washing, bin emptying and any other relevant cleaning duties as identified by the Chef.
- To help the Chef in taking stock and doing Health & Safety checks of the kitchen area.
- To help with induction of new kitchen volunteers and students and to work effectively together with them.
- Volunteers will be supported by the Healthy Living Manager and Chef.
- Volunteers are expected to be able to commit to 4 hours a week volunteering, Monday-Friday 10-2pm.
- Travel expenses are covered & lunch provided.
- A DBS will be required for the role and will be applied for on appointment.
- Full induction and training will be given.
To apply for this role or for more information please contact:
Address: 95 Southwark Park Rd, London SE16 3TY
Phone: 020 7237 0860