Looking to refresh your trustee board or find new skilled committee members?
Come and be part of our Trustee Speed Matching event on Wednesday 15 November from 6:00pm - 8:30pm.
Our Annual Trustee Speed Matching event is back! We are once again looking for groups of all shapes and sizes that are looking to recruit committee members/trustees/directors to come along and take part.
Last year, organisations taking part in this event said:
- "We met some lovely talented people all sharing some great tips and advice so we hope to reach out to as many that were excited about what we do. Even if there not trustees just their feedback will be helpful"
- “Great event and a good place to meet in person people who may play a role in the charity, saving us time and resources on advertising and individual recruitment of trustees.”
- And one of the participants said: I thought it was a well-balanced event and would recommend it to others.”
If you are trying to increase the skills within your existing board or replace Committee Members stepping down – then this event is for you!
The evening aims to bring together 10-15 organisations looking for Trustees with up to 40 potential individuals looking to become Trustees.
You will be best placed to get a stall at the speed matching event if you:
- are an organisation based in Southwark
- have an existing board and constitution
- have an up to date volunteer policy
- an up to date role description for trustees in your organisation
- a clear recruitment process
If you would like to be part of this event, please register your interest by booking a ticket and completing the related form. Please keep the evening free and we will confirm your place by the 20th October 2017.
If you do not have any of the policies or role descriptions listed above and would like to, please contact us for support by e-mailing Marissa Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7358 7252.
Want to become a Trustee?
Our Annual Trustee Speed Matching event is back! Join us for an evening which aims to bring together 10-15 organisations looking for Trustees with up to 40 potential individuals looking to become Trustees.
If you have skills to offer a trustee board and would like to volunteer your time as a trustee for an organisation based in Southwark - this event is for you!
Last year one of our participants said:
- " I thought it was a well-balanced event and would recommend it to others.”
If you are interested in learning more about trusteeship and getting the opportunity to speak with Southwark based voluntary or community organisations about the roles that they offer - please sign up.
The event will begin with some information from our Head of Support Services, Deborah Hayman, about what it means to be a trustee; the responsibilities and commitment involved; and the benefits of volunteering your time and skills as a trustee.
We will then begin the speed matching which will give you 5 minutes with a range of organisations to ask questions, hear what they do and decide whether you think they would be a good match for you. We ask everyone that books a place to stay for the whole event and to move on to the next organisation when you hear the infamous Speed Matching Horn blow!
There will be time at the end of the event to catch up with any of the organisations in more detail that you would be keen to volunteer with.
Sign up now - and join us for a fun and energetic evening of networking!
We look forward to seeing you there.
For any enquiries please call us on 020 7358 7020.