The deadline of 26 February is fast approaching for local people, and their groups; to express any final objections to the proposals and policies in the Council's New Southwark Plan, and suggest better alternative approaches. The Plan will govern regeneration and development within the borough for up to 15 years, and is due to be submitted by the Council for Public Inspection in the Spring.
There is a specified process and format by which to do this and Southwark Planning Network, in partnership with Community Southwark and Southwark Law Centre, has organised workshops to help ensure people navigate this and make their submissions in the most effective way.
Full details of each workshop can be found on the Community Action Networks (CAN) website here.
The workshop dates and locations are as follows:
- Monday 15th January - at the Alfred Salter School, Quebec Way, SE16
- Wednesday 17th January - at The Big Local, Market Place, Blue Bermondsey, SE16
- Thursday 25th January - venue to be confirmed (but close to Elephant & Castle)
- Monday 29th January - at Leathermarket JMB, 26 Leathermarket St, SE1
- Monday 5th February - also at Peckham Vision Studio
Agendas for these sessions will be determined by the matters arising from workshop to workshop, or issues people are seeking more guidance on, plus whatever new intelligence arises that needs to be fed in.
More information about the New Southwark plan can be found on the CAN website here.
Guidance on the structure of the New Southwark Plan and how to make representations can be found here.