Call out to apply for match funding - child poverty charities in London.
The Summer Give is an online match funding campaign run by the Big Give in partnership with The Childhood Trust, London’s child poverty charity. The campaign is focused on alleviating the impact of child poverty during the summer holidays when children are particularly vulnerable.
Match funding is generously provided by The Childhood Trust to support charities working in this area. As part of the campaign, charities are also responsible for raising match funds from their own major donors to contribute to their matching pots. This matching pot is then used to leverage donations from their wider supporter base and general public.
The benefits of the campaign:
- Access to funding from our generous partner, The Childhood Trust
- A powerful incentive to donors to have their donations doubled
- Attract new supporters (95% of charities did so in the most recent campaign on the Big Give)
- Raising charity profile and joining others to raise awareness of the issue
Charities working with children in London over the school holidays are strongly encouraged to apply. Please refer to the website here for the full eligibility criteria and to register interest in the campaign. You will also find our guidebook with more detail about the campaign here.
How to apply?
Applications open on 27 February 2017. Charities must register on the Big Give if they are not yet already (free to register).
Once registered, charities log in and apply by clicking the ‘Apply for Summer Give 2017’ button.
Please note that there are 2 stages to the application process:
- Application stage 1: completion of the online application form by 13th March.
- Application stage 2: collect pledges (promises of funding) from your major donors or trustees by 3rd April. These Pledges form part of your matching pot.
The Big Give would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about participating in the campaign. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.