Wider Impacts of COVID-19 and population health recovery in London - a series of stakeholder workshops running in July and August 2020.
The London Association of Directors of Public Health (ADPH), the Greater London Authority (GLA) Health Team and Public Health England (PHE) London invite you to a set of virtual workshops focused on identifying and anticipating the impacts of COVID-19 on population health and wellbeing. Key informants have been invited to help trace the indirect impacts of the pandemic and identify measures that will support the recovery and renewal of the public health system across London, with a focus on improving population health outcomes and addressing health inequalities. The findings will inform the transition from COVID-19 response to recovery, and work to deliver the London Health and Care Vision and the London Health Inequalities Strategy as the city emerges from the first wave of the pandemic.
Your expertise and contribution to these discussions is vital.
- Share initial findings from our desktop review of the wider impacts of COVID-19 and the emerging themes for recovery
- Facilitate a collective conversation about the wider impacts of COVID, from a London regional and local perspective
- Gather feedback on what stakeholders feel are important themes and considerations for the recovery phase, for Londoner’s health
- Gather information that will inform our mapping of local and regional assets, activities and plans that are being developed or already exist.
Join the workshops to share your experiences and learning with a diverse range of partners across London.
How does it work?
There will be seven thematic workshops hosted on Microsoft Teams. Please register for each or any of the workshops using the Eventbrite link and joining information will be sent to all registered delegates ahead of each workshop. Each session will last 1.5-2 hours.
Who should attend?
Any officers, programme managers, senior leaders or similar can attend. We suggest limiting registrations to two people per team for each workshop. We are seeking a wide range of stakeholders across the system, including but not limited to:
- Local Authorities: Housing, planning, adult and children services, community safety
- Public health: Directors, Consultants, Heads of Service, Policy leads or service providers
- NHS partners: CCGs, NHS service providers including community based services
- Voluntary and community based organisations
- Academia and research
- Think tank or policy based organisations
How to join?
You are welcome to attend any of the sessions you are interested in and able to and do share this invitation with any other key stakeholders you feel should be engaged. See the info and dates below. For information about workshop availability please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.