We are looking for a volunteer to work with the Communications Team a few hours a week.
Your main tasks will be to upload articles onto the website and aid in the creation of our monthly e-newsletters. This is one of the ways we keep our members up to date with the latest news and events in Southwark!
Training will be provided. Minimum Commitment: 6 months
See more details and how to apply below:
About Community Southwark
Community Southwark is the umbrella body for charities, voluntary organisations, community groups, volunteers and active citizens in Southwark. We support, connect and empower them to fulfil and exceed their potential.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a digital volunteer to work with the Communications Team for 3 hours a week. The communications team are responsible for sharing the work Community Southwark and Healthwatch Southwark do within the sector, as well as sharing latest news and events.
This is a great opportunity for you to get creative and improve your knowledge of managing a website, social media platforms, email marketing and communication skills.
- Upload articles onto our Community Southwark website
- Create e-newsletters on a platform called Mailchimp
- Write and schedule social media posts for Twitter & Facebook via lightful.com
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will …
- have good written, verbal and listening skills
- have confident digital skills and a basic knowledge of social media
- be friendly, with a willingness to learn
What you will gain from this experience
- Improve skills: email marketing, content creation, managing website and social media
- Update for CV
- Improving self confidence
- Help to make a difference in the community
How to apply
For more information, or to have an informal and confidential chat, please contact Zuwena Blagrove, Communications Officer.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number: 020 7358 7020