The Foundation focuses on support to the elderly and its grants are divided into Health and Community categories.
Health and welfare
grants for refurbishment of residential care housing for the elderly and for building projects which are nearing completion. It will also consider the provision of equipment and furniture to enhance care and improve quality of life.
Community and innovation:
support for community initiatives for the over-65s such as exercise classes, horticultural projects and musical therapy. It will also consider grants for technology projects aimed at benefitting the over-65s, however they do not fund IT for staff/volunteers.
grants of between £1000 to £3000 are available, with average grant of £1,700.
- The Foundation is unable to assist with running costs or salaries
- If your charity has a mixed age group of beneficiaries, the Foundation will consider a donation if around 80% are over the age of 65.
- The charity is based in the UK and registered.
- The aim of your charity is to help people over the age of 65.
- You are applying for assistance towards a capital project such as refurbishment, furniture or equipment.
- You are applying for assistance towards an innovative project such as IT for the elderly, fitness classes, lunch clubs, gardening projects, etc.
- Your application should be a maximum of four A4 pages, including a budget or costs.
- Use a font of no less than 12 point.
More essential information can be found here
For further information please visit the Foundation website
Deadline: 10 June 2020